Sunday, January 8, 2012

Would you like Green Beans with that???

This weekend was a Poor Little Rich Girls fieldtrip.  This week I was exploring ways for us to leverage our numbers (ok there's really only 2 of us) to buy things cheaper.  I started with ordering some peanut butter from Amazon using subscribe and save.

For those who aren't Amazon aficionados let me fill you in.  Amazon has this great program they call Subscribe & Save.  This program is cool because they give you a discount off their regular prices, plus free shipping, on items that you use a crap ton of anyways.  I love it for vitamins since most come in 6 month or less supplies so I can set it up to auto ship right before I run out.  The bummer is sometimes you have to order a lot, since it's Amazon (aka 6 jars of peanut butter), but if you have a buddy that makes this a lot more realistic.

Now back to the field trip.  Bright and early yesterday morning the Poor Little Rich Girls met up at their local Sam's Club to leverage their buying power and get some healthier eats (because quite frankly I cannot continue to have rice make up such a large portion of my food intake).  So we each spent about $25 and we got lots of delicious eats!

Here are our great finds!  A lovely assortment of bell peppers, 3 pounds of bananas, some Mediterranean hummus, a double pack of Bolthouse Green Goodness (we each got our own 2 pack), ORGANIC baby spinach (we each got our own), a box of larabars (not pictured here), and last, but not least, an industrial size can of green beans.  I mean this is serious green beans.  And it was less than $3.  We split it in 2 and it was still a crap ton (these are 7 cup dishes I believe).  Usually I prefer no salt added, and BPA free cans (and organic would be FANTASTIC), but alas we're trying to accomplish something.  I figure subpar green beans are better than the absence of any green beans.

"The Goods"


Our lifetime supply of green beans...


Happy Weekend!

<3 Jen

6 comments:

  1. looks like some healthy meal! I need to start eating more healthy too lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, I'm going to have to look into the Subscribe & Save. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm healthy! GREEN BEANS YAY.

    Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog - its very refreshing and insightful ! when it comes to healthy eating - getting a good intake of greens, veg and fruit is extra important!

    http://fashioncherry.co/celeb-trend-cropped-tops/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a ton of green beans. Ha!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete