Monday, December 19, 2011

An Introduction

Hey it's Marisa. Welcome to my first post! So a little about myself and how I got here. In 2010 my 4.5 year relationship with my boyfriend ended and I moved out of our house into my very first adult apartment. (with a roommate) Being single for the first time since I was 20 well.....I went a little crazy. Lots of partying, lots of traveling, lots of shopping for NON home things. By the time 2011 came around and I had settled down the enormity of what I'd done to myself financially set in. Well, mostly because I needed some very important car repairs and I realized then that I hadn't any real savings (turns out you can't trade in your Kate Spade handbag or Michael Kors shoes for repairs) and definitely took a blow or two this summer financially. So after that rude awakening, I decided the party was over and it was time to get my biznazz in order.

Ironically enough (and happily enough) I started dating someone new this summer....who is a financial God. No really, his business is money and futures and the stock market and things that I still don't understand. So it's a bit embarrassing to be dating someone who can plan out their finances FIVE YEARS in advance and I can't even plan mine out five days in advance. Motivation anyone?

So join me as I learn at the ripe old age of 27 how to actually manage my money and not stare at it in my shoe rack/closet. 

Cheers

Marisa

1 comment: